cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What software to use on "SF300-24" small business switch "SRW224G4-K9-NA"

Marcello Ishida
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, i have a customer that will use this switch model.

I was wondering if there is any recommendation from like an AS-BU for the most appropriate software version and what would be ?

Appreciate if anyone can contribute to that.

Tks,

Marcello Ishida

4 Replies 4

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Marcello,

Go with the flow, the most current software has too many enhancements compared to the older software.

The switches themselves, whatever model , are only differentiated from what I have gathered, from specific power receptacle requirements and slightly different country certifications, which we comply with.

But I have not heard there are differing software requirements per country specific model  (-AU - NA -EU  bla bla bla).

I am trying to understand your specific concern, but am slightly perplexed by your question.

regards Dave

Hi david. My question was not about the regulations for the country. It was regarding what software version to use. For example, for the router 1841 the recommended IOS to use now it the 15.1.4M version as it is the most stable version so far. I was wondering if there is any specific direction for the small business switches just like for routers and other cisco hardware platforms.... Tks anyway.

Hi Marcello,

My first comment is still relevant "Go with the flow, the most current software has too many enhancements compared to the older software"

regards Dave

yes it is ! Tks david.