cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sg-300 52 dropping packets

sutton.matthew
Level 1
Level 1

I have a sg300-52  in layer 3 mode.  I have 2 Dell access switches that connect to the sg300 in 4 port LAGs each.  Connectivity works as expected.

Servers are on their own VLAN, and plugged directly into the sg300. 

When somebody starts a file copy from their client workstation off a file server, the server VLAN drops everything except

for the file copy.  Even drops packets on its own vlan, (server to server communication) until the file copy is complete. 

Seems like the VLAN is rate limited somehow.  Anybody ever experience this?

-Matt

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Matt,

Sure would be interesting to know, if you wish to dig deeper into the problem,

1.  If you are using the most current version of firmware ?

2.  Network topology Diagram showing what ports are connected to what devices ?

3. An attached capture of the command  "show tech"  in a attached notepad (text) document.

I wonder what would happen if you directly connected one client to the SG300  and tried the transfer again?

But at this stage could offer much of a guess as I'm flying with a blindfold on.

regards Dave

Thanks for your reply Dave.  I figured it out.  To make a long story shorter.  I have a Cisco 2651XM on site that does the routing for my MPLS.  I added the new VLAN subnets into the VRF table.  This 2651XM use to be the default gateway before the SG-300.  I did not change the default gateway on all the servers, so some servers were going through the 2651 fast ethernet port instead of the sg-300.  Thus the bottleneck.  Sorry to waste your time and thanks again.

-Matt

Hi Matt,

The bottom line is your network is working. Not waste of time, nice to speak to someone who is playing with some neat equipment. 

Have fun with the 300 series switch, new firmware does incorporate some neat features CDP and CLI  bla bla bla.

Have fun,

regards Dave