cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180W and WAP121. WDS Extender

gabrielsrebro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I recently bought one RV180W and two WAP121 in order to make a wireless extension of a network.

The topology I want to implement is the following:

WDS                       WDS

WAP121 ----------------- RV180W ----------------- WAP121

|

| UTP Cable

|

Internet

I configured RV180W as Router and the three of them have the same SSID and password.

Also, I added in RV180W WDS configuration both MAC Addreses of WAP121's and in WAP121's WDS configuration the MAC Address of RV180W.

Even I tried in WAP121's with and without encryption using the same WPA Key of the RV180W.

The thing is that is not working at all. They work great separately but right WAP121 can't stablish WDS link with RV180W neither do the left WAP121 with RV180W.

I tested WDS configuration of WAP121's and they can see each other between them using standard WDS configuration, so I assume that WDS function of WAP121's works great.

Finally I try the same config but setting RV180W in WDS Bridge and WDS Repeater without any different result.

The questions is: Do I have any chance to make the topology I showed up would work? How do I have to configure the RV180W and WAP121's?

Thanks

Gabriel

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is unsupported. WAP121 can only repeat WAP121 or WAP321. You should purchase a second RV180W if you'd like a good functionality.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/