Replies

WAP371 (cluster) stations losing internet access

wolker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our customer have #8 WPA371 in cluster providing 2 SSID on the 2.4GHz network

they are complaining about some connections/disconnections issues, 

it seems that the wifi connection exists, but the mobile device is stuck waiting for an IP address, despite the isc-dhcp-server is working normally

i need to understand if this problem is mainly on the wifi network or even on the LAN behind the WAP cluster

attached the cluster log for one of the mobile device with this problem

greetings

3 Replies 3

viningele
Level 3
Level 3

There’s another thread where the same issues have been reported about the WAP 371.  So far no real support from Cisco or resolution has been offered.  I had have had several issues with these devices that resulted from some APs freezing, radios still radiating but no traffic being passed.  There was a suggestion in the other thread to take the channel assignments off auto and manual assign but who knows if that works.  Normally I use 571s and so far I can say I don’t think I’ll use 371s again.  The RV345s have issue and the SG300s had a bunch of problems too when they were released.  I’m beginning to think the SMB is a test platform for junior engineers to cut their teeth on before stepping up to equipment Cisco gives a crap about.  

Hi, 
My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

I think it would be best if you could call our support line and open a support case.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

I had a few problems with iPhones 7 connecting with clustered WAP371 wireless units.  My problem turned out to be using POE power.  I bought a SG300-10MPP switch which has POE+ power which made a difference and my lock ups went away.