cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

API access problems

josh1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get access to the APIs and need some assistance.  I am a customer (not a partner).

I am a DA in CSAM and have assigned myself the role of API Developer.  When I try to create an app on apiconsole.cisco.com I only see PSIRT but don't have access to other APIs to check contract status or EOL status.  I tried to request access to support APIs but received no response, and apix-support@cisco.com directed me to Mulesoft (see below), and TAC wants me to purchase an assist service.

I have created an account on Mulesoft and have registered the csapi for my application.  I can connect and get a token, and I can query the csapi-customer, but I do not get back any customer information (HTTP 200, but empty dataset).

* Can I register for the PSIRT API with the same application as the support APIs?

* Should I be using Mulesoft or apiconsole.cisco.com?

* Why is my customer query not returning any data, and how can I get my customer ID to use the APIs?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Suchita Shewale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Josh,

For services/csapi aka SNTC APIs you use Mulesoft Portal. I see you had APIDeveloper role in CSAM Tool, it needed to relfect into SNTC system. I have fixed that, so this should help you with accessing customer-info API. If you have created an application and registered API already via Mulesoft Portal, please give it a try now to run the customer-info API and let me know if you run into issues further.

Once you have customer-info API working, you can register other services APIs such inventory, contracts and alerts.

For Support API you use apiconsole.cisco.com.

Unfortunately you can not use same application between Mulesoft and apiconsole.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Suchita

Thanks, Suchita. I have confirmed that I can get the customer information and make other queries.

Was this something that I did incorrectly, or a problem with the system? I'll need to give other team members access.

Also, is there a way to use service accounts to associate an application rather than tying it to an employee account?

Hey Josh,

This was an issue with the system. If you run into issues with your other team members feel free to start a post on the forum.

I am sorry I don't understand what you mean by service accounts. You may use any valid Cisco Userid and follow the steps from onboarding guide to get access to service APIs.

If you have any questions let me know.

Regards,

Suchita

By service account I mean an account that is not tied to an individual user, so that it doesn't stop working if a user leaves the company.  I'll see about getting a cco id that we can use for this purpose.