cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't log in to CSPC CLI - can log in to GUI

lisacoody
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to log in to my CSPC VM using CLI. I am on version 2.10. I can log in to the GUI.

10 Replies 10

ibaenadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for contacting Cisco.

I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble logging in to your Cisco Software platform collector VM using CLI. There are several possible causes and solutions for this issue, depending on the error message that you receive. Please share with me the error message.  

The admin account has expired. I can log in to the gui with the admin account.

lisacoody_1-1701286310396.png

ibaenadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for your prompt answer, Please follow these steps.

If the admin password is expired for the CLI, but you have the collectorlogin and root passwords, then complete these steps:

Establish a Secure Shell (SSH) connection to the collector and use collectorlogin instead of admin.
Enter the sudo passwd admin command.
Enter the root password at the prompt.

Once you have the admin password.
Establish an SSH connection and use admin.
Note: If you lost the admin password for the CLI, and you do not have the collectorlogin and root passwords, then you must re-deploy the collector. Refer to the CSPC Collector Quick Start Guide for more details.

CSPC Collector Quick Start Guide (cisco.com)

I hope these steps help you resolve your issue.

I don't know the root or collectorlogin passwords, so it looks like I will have to redeploy. Thank you for the link.

How to I shut down the existing CSPC server from GUI (since I don't have CLI access)?

Hello Lisa,

Hope you are doing well today.

As part of our best practices, we recommend that you do a backup for two main assets  the device credentials and the managed device list , I recommend export/backup format in CSV.

To do a backup, please follow these steps:

For "Device Credentials":

Device Management > Credentials Management > Add/Import Credentials > Device Credentials Configuration > ..Export..

For "Managed Devices":

Reports > Device Reports > View Managed Devices > Export (blue arrow)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that, you can proceed with the re deploy, regarding to your question: Connect to the ESXi host that runs the CSPC virtual machine.
Right-click the CSPC virtual machine and select Power > Shut Down Guest OS.
Wait for the virtual machine to power off completely.

Refer to the CSPC Collector Quick Start Guide for more details.

CSPC Collector Quick Start Guide (cisco.com)

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to help.

Thank you for the assistance. I have deployed a new VM and am at the point where I need to register it. I went to SNTC site and generated a new CSP-C entitlement. I clicked the first option to upload the service certificate; I selected the entitlement file to upload it. It has been over an hour and it is still not finished uploading. 

lisacoody_1-1701366787945.png

Hello Lisa,

The proper procedure will be to "download" the older certificate and install it  in the new ova deployment. That means as a best practice, remove the Certicate for the CSPC GUI. Go help, view manage devices, remove it, and then Go to the portal and download the older certificate.  Try it and let me know. Sometimes, the process take more time that expected.

Note- It is not necessary to create another certificate, you can use the same .

Hope this information help you.

Thank you ibaenadi, you've been very helpful! I have another question please. I have the CSPC server set up and connected to Cisco. I am unable to do a software upgrade on it. My collector is on version 2.10.0.1 and I keep getting a notification that 2.10.0.6 is available. I've clicked the Upgrade Now button many times and tried to schedule the upgrade; nothing works. I've configured the server connection CCO with my credentials (successful authentication).

Hello Lisa,

Hope you are doing great today.

The upgrade using admin shell and the upgrade using UI are both temporarily disabled due to some security updates, I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

The recommendation is to use the manual upgrade , which is a safe and easy way to upgrade the CSPC software. You can find the steps in this guide:

CSPC Upgrade Guide (cisco.com)  Chapter 3 Manual Upgrade.

It’s always a pleasure to help you.