Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't login via SSH or console to CSP 2.5

mikeyconway
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently running 2.5 and want to go to 2.7 and would like to do an upgrade via the GUI using the Software Updates tab on CSPC.

I am trying to install patch jeos-20.1.2-0-lnx64.zip but require SSH to work and SCP/SFTP but I can not login to the CSP appliance via SSH or console.

I can login to the gui using the admin or Admin123 account  but not SSH. I get to the SSH login but get access denied error and on the console I get login incorrect

Console Error

Login incorrect

SSH Error

login as: admin
Warning private system unauthorized users will be prosecuted.
admin@10.10.10.10's password:
Access denied
admin@10.10.10.10's password:

Upgrade process to install the patch for the Software Updates tab on CSPC

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Upgrade-Guide.pdf

Any help would be appreciated.

Mikey

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mikey,

The CSPC GUI and CLI users are independent of one another. Even though they might both be "admin", their passwords can be different.

Please try to find out what cretential you setup for the CLI user "admin" initially as that is the password that you will need to access the command line.

In addition, if you enabled the collectorlogin or root users, you can use either of those to perform the install of the mentioned patch.

Regards,

Cesar

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

CC Cisco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mikey,

The CSPC GUI and CLI users are independent of one another. Even though they might both be "admin", their passwords can be different.

Please try to find out what cretential you setup for the CLI user "admin" initially as that is the password that you will need to access the command line.

In addition, if you enabled the collectorlogin or root users, you can use either of those to perform the install of the mentioned patch.

Regards,

Cesar