cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC Changing Initial Install Parameters

gordanroberts
Level 1
Level 1

I have used the Cisco CSPC 2.7.x Quick Start Guide  to install the collector.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-Quick-Start-Guide.pdf

I was able to get it up and running but am having problems which I believe are from not getting "green" check marks on the inital install.

I can not log into the CLI to perform any of the configuration options as mentioned in this community.  I only reset the password on the "admin"ID during the install but am not able to log into the CLI.

I see admin and Admin123 IDs in the GUI.  I did not create Admin123 or reset it's password.  I also did not enter the commands to reset the root password in the CLI as part of the installation.

I want to get the Timezone, NTP, DNS, and hostnames correct to make sure these are not causing the problem of not being able to connect to SMTP server and a few other things.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey gordanroberts

The default login for a 2.7 collector should be admin/Adm!23min. 

To configure the timezone, run the command 'timezone'.  Scroll down to the bottom and enter the timezone name and string for your location.

To configure NTP, run the command 'timesync'.  Press enter to select the default pool.ntp.org server or enter your own desired one.

To configure DNS servers, run the command 'conf dns -a X.X.X.X.  This will add DNS servers, replace the -a with -d to remove DNS servers.  You can add multiples with one command line.

Thanks,
Justin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jumin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey gordanroberts

The default login for a 2.7 collector should be admin/Adm!23min. 

To configure the timezone, run the command 'timezone'.  Scroll down to the bottom and enter the timezone name and string for your location.

To configure NTP, run the command 'timesync'.  Press enter to select the default pool.ntp.org server or enter your own desired one.

To configure DNS servers, run the command 'conf dns -a X.X.X.X.  This will add DNS servers, replace the -a with -d to remove DNS servers.  You can add multiples with one command line.

Thanks,
Justin

Thank you - This worked perfectly!