Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC-server does not renew software version of managed device after d

we have installed a 2.10.0.3 CSPC server, this server is running for quite a while.

the software version of the switches it has discover has an issue: the devices have been upgraded to a new version the CSPC server does miss the change in the software version.

we run both the discovery and collect periodically to keep in the correct version in the database.

this does not update the software version. however if we make the device unmanaged and rediscover the CSPC server recognises this software properly. anyone here knows whats causing this and how to fix this ?

EX:

start_software.PNG

rediscover and re-collect do not change the software version in the managed device view

unmanaged the device and rescan:

updated_device_remanaged.PNG

we have quite a few devices who now are running the newer software then the CSPC-sees. unmanage and re-adding them is work. i do expect the server to see this by function? 

11 Replies 11

vivekcha@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi michiel,

Hope you are you doing well!
We are looking into the issue you posted and get back to you with an update.

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Chauhan

hi, any update on the checks? 
if appreciated we can do a webex session here?

Hi michiel,

Please PM me your email id so that we can connect for a WebEx session.

Thanks,

Vivek

Did you get this resolved?  I have the same issue where I had to unmanage and re-discover to get it to update the discovery date and OS version.

Hello Bob

We have acknowledged your post. 

As a workaround unmanage and re-discover the devices.

Development team is working to correct this issue. 

Thanks 

hasharm3

Hi, thanks for the update, not sure who’s Bob?
is there a timeline for this fix process?

Hello Michiel,

Hope you doing well. 

Once we have any update we will let you know. 

Thanks 

hasharm3

I'm just another user. I came across your post, and I'm having the same issue. I'm going to try a rediscover of all devices over the weekend, but I was curious if your work with Cisco found a resolution.

I'm just another user. I came across your post, and I'm having the same issue. I'm going to try a rediscover of all devices over the weekend, but I was curious if your work with Cisco found a resolution.

I'm having the same problem. Is there a fix out yet?

Hi Matt,

The development is working on it. Kindly wait for latest cspc version release to fix this issue & if the issue still persists then we'll open a bug for it.

Thanks & Regards,
Vivek Chauhan