cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory stuck in-progress

Jeremy Ryder
Level 1
Level 1

I'm stuck on getting an inventory into the portal. I would like to use this with the collector, but no inventory ever made it to the portal. I've run a discovery, and run a collection profile. Both completed successfuly. I created an upload Profile (though this was not covered in the walkthrough video and should not be needed according to my understanding of the collection profile running) and ran it. The collector import seemed unsuccessful.

I then turned my attention to the CSV import in the portal. It warned me that my "last import is still in-progress" and I would cancel it if continued. The only import I've done thus far had been from the collector so I don't know if that was in process. I continued and filled everything out as demonstrated in the example template. The total device count is around 15. The import indicated it had completed successfully and asked that I log out and log-in again to see my results. 

I tried that and nothing. I've repeated this process several times with no luck. What am I missing/What is broken?

3 Replies 3

Pamela Ghosh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeremy ,

Thanks for contacting is , Could you please send SNTC portal screen s hot without hiding any details to sntc-support-community@cisco.com for further action , depending upon the symptoms I will keep you posted with next action item.

Regards

Pamela

Pamela,

Thanks for your response. The portal has now loaded the inventory from both the collector and my spreadsheet. This process seems to have taken 24 - 48 hours.

Is there an expectation on how long an inventory takes to process and appear on the portal once submitted? In this instance I was uploading 15 devices. How long would it take for a customer with 1000 devices?

Hi Jeremy ,

Generally it takes 24 to 48 hours to complete the upload on the portal depending upon the queue of uploads on the servers including the number of devices that are processing .

Also I would request you to visit the link "https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/13086306/portal-access-troubleshooting" in the community for some generic queries and answer to provide you some insight on various item for SNTC program.

Regards
Pamela