cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to transfer licenses to virtual account

jimmy.anderson
Level 1
Level 1

I have PAK's and Licenses assigned to our Default Virtual Account.  I have created other Virtual Accounts to organize our licenses with.  However, I can't assign Licenses that are already in our Default account to one of our other Virtual Accounts.  Any reason why?  Shouldn't the virtual account administrators be able to do this?

1 Reply 1

tnewell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jimmy - I reached out to a colleague on the licensing team to get an answer to your question as it's outside of my domain (SNTC) expertise.  Please review the following...

• The current design allows assignment of any PAK, to only one Smart Account, but multiple Virtual Accounts’s. License and Device assignment will be supported with an upcoming release. 
  • Changing a Smart Account assignment currently can only be performed through the SLT tool, users are not permitted to change Smart Account assignment.  
  • The ability to assign a specific License or Device to a Smart Account and Virtual Account will be available with an upcoming release.  Currently licenses and Devices are assigned only during PAK fulfillment.

For additional information, I recommend that you post a question to the Smart Licensing experts on the following forum where there is a "get support" option ...

http://forums.cisco.com/ecom/web/operations-exchange/sot