cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Used Self-Service Onboarding: No Data Showing Up In Portal

tylerpalmer
Level 5
Level 5

Went through the self-service onboarding process from here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12696871/self-service-onboarding-setting-cspc-25-collector

No data shows up in the portal.

Tried creating my own upload profile when there was no indication that the "sntc1x_min_cp" profile did anything other than collect the data from the discovered devices. No visible indication that my upload profile did anything.

Also, tried to create a small csv file with a single device and two modules in the device to try and populate the portal that way, but still nothing shows up in the portal.

Both the upload attempts from the CSPC collector and the spreadsheet were submitted Thursday and Friday of last week.

Is there any way to tell on the collector that an upload to the portal was actually completed? or anyway to check on the portal that an upload from the collector was received? I haven't yet found a way to verify from either side that something is occurring.

Regards.

5 Replies 5

asingadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for reaching out to us , we are checking on your request will update you soon.

Thanks,
Anusha.

Hi Tyler,

I checked in the backend , we received only csv upload file and it processed successfully .Now you can see the data on the portal.

We need one successful upload to show the inventory on the portal . Since there was no inventory for this account previously you were not able to see the upload processing status in portal .

Now you can see the status of the upload in Upload Processing online pod of the portal.We have a Inventory Processing Report which shows the status of the inventories completed, or inventories for which the data analysis is in progress. Sources include: collection, CSV file import, or transport file upload.

Thanks,

Anusha.

Thanks Anusha.

I see the csv data in the portal now.

I'm now trying to diagnose the collector to see why it doesn't appear to be sending data up to the portal.

Is there a log or some other way to tell in the collector software if the collector had problems uploading data to the portal? I've tried a couple of times to have it send, but don't see anything show up in the portal and the collector doesn't seem to show any errors or other problems sending the data, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

Hi Tyler,

You can go to Reports > Inventory Jobs and check to see if the last inventory completed successfully. If it did, then your upload went through. There is a delay from when the collector says that the upload was successful and where the portal displays that the upload is in processing, since it has to go through a back-end queue first. This creates a lot of confusion on the part of people pushing uploads, since there can be hours of delay from seeing it complete on the collector and seeing it appear on the portal.

Thanks,

Lynden

Hi Lynden.

Thanks for the info.

Weird. The three attempts I made towards the end of January for the _sntc1x_min_cp job all show completed and success, but no data in the portal from them.

I've verified external connectivity for the collector box and am running the job again to see if now that things are straightened out with the portal if things will work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: