cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC and TACACS+ (ISE 2.6)

don.click1
Level 4
Level 4

I have recently setup TACACS+ as my authenticator for CSPC. I have only added 3 users, but - all three have told me that CSPC is requiring a password change in addition to requiring the recovery questions.   I dont mind the questions, but requiring the password change when using TACACS seems odd to me.  ISE should mandating that - NOT CSPC. 

Is there anyone that has seen this, or know of how to disable that "Feature"? CSPC, TACACS+CSPC, TACACS+

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Don,

'Forgot password?' option is there on CSPC gui login. Once you click that, under 'reset option', you will see 'One time passcode' option. You can generate one time passcode after setting your SMTP server information which is below.

'Email setting' and 'manage user' tab is found under 'Administration' tab when you login to CSPC GUI.

Please fill out SMTP server and Snder's mail ID (required information) under email settings tab.

Please specify email address under 'manage user' tab.

Please do let me know if you have further question.

Thanks,
Supriya

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Supriya Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Don,

Cisco recommends changing passwords to log in to the collector every 90 days.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/services/se/training/SNTC-security-wp.pdf

SMTP server can be configured under email setting to receive OTP (One Time Passcode) instead of Security question.

'Login settings' under 'administration' tab on CSPC will give you option to edit default setting. Please check below guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/support/docs/cloud-systems-management/common-services-platform-collector-cspc/CSPC-User-Guide.pdf

Thanks,
Supriya

thanks, but that is not what I asked really asked about. 

I asked if there was a way to disable it. not weather or not cisco recommends it. If we use an external authenticator, that authenticator should be managing passwords, NOT the application. 

one more thing - since you brought up the OTP - i dont see anything related to this on the "Login Settings" page in 2.8.1.4. 

is it there and just not obvious?

cspc_!.png

Hi Don,

'Forgot password?' option is there on CSPC gui login. Once you click that, under 'reset option', you will see 'One time passcode' option. You can generate one time passcode after setting your SMTP server information which is below.

'Email setting' and 'manage user' tab is found under 'Administration' tab when you login to CSPC GUI.

Please fill out SMTP server and Snder's mail ID (required information) under email settings tab.

Please specify email address under 'manage user' tab.

Please do let me know if you have further question.

Thanks,
Supriya