cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Profile Upload Fails after Initial Setup

Josh Adamson
Level 1
Level 1

So I am running into a problem and not sure best course of action.  I have installed the collector, client registered CCO ID, and have configured correctly from what I have in the past and tests. The devices are collected and added successfully but uploads fail to the portal.  I am not sure how I can resolve as cannot even tell if gets to the back end.  

•     Client registered ID and got notification from Cisco complete.  However, seems like items are missing on the portal from what I am used to seeing.  Screen shot below
  •      Created collector license and entitlement
  •      Downloaded software based on the instructions and configured plus installed license successful
  •     Tested communication to Cisco backend with SUDO Telnet and ports successfully via CLI based on requirements from documentation
  •      Successfully completed discovery of devices
  •      Setup a upload and fails when ran too Cisco
  • Portal shows the collector as registered and completed

Attached Screen Shot of portal as seems missing items from what used to seeing

Instructions for this type of collector followed

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12696871/self-service-onboarding-setting-cspc-25-collector

6 Replies 6

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Josh,

Are you getting an error message on the collector saying that the upload failed or do you simply not see the information in the portal?

Thanks,

Lynden

No there is no error message except when you run a upload profile via the collector it states "failed" on back end upload.  When you look on portal no information or data since failed.  I also changed application settings to different types with no difference on upload failure.

Could you post the output from the telnet tests you ran? What guide did you use to configure the upload profile?

Thanks,

Lynden

Hello,

Here are the tests I ran from the CLI on collector and stated connected successful to make sure Firewall is opened since I do not have access...

sudo telnet 72.163.7.113 443

sudo telnet 72.163.4.161 443

sudo telnet 72.163.4.161 80

sudo telnet 72.163.7.60 443

sudo telnet 72.163.7.60 80

sudo telnet 173.37.146.12 443

sudo telnet 173.37.146.12 80

sudo telnet 173.37.144.208 443

sudo telnet 173.37.144.208 80

Got the below on each

admin# sudo telnet 72.163.7.60 80

Trying 72.163.7.60...

Connected to 72.163.7.60.

Escape character is '^]'.

I attached the guide the customer used to register and install

Do you know where the document came from? The information in it is not accurate.

Sorry for delay but this was received from Cisco a while back for the Smart Net Total Care collector.  Are they different setups?  Is the software different and where can I get the correct install instructions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: