Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

The Fabric Manager documentation indicates that IPFC can be used for in-band Management of other switches.Is this true when the only ISL connections between the switches are FCIP tunnels?My experience is telling me the answer is no. VSAN 1 interface...

cdayton by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In a two-switch environment, with two sources fighting for one destination:1. Does QoS configuration have to be identical on two switches?2. What does the configuration below actually do in a source switch and what does it do in the destination switc...

We have enabled 2 additional FC ports (19/20) on our Cisco MDS 9120. The VSAN aliases, and Zone Sets are created and pre-existing. All WWN's are advertising correctly, on the SAN, FC physical ports are green.. Now at this point we attempt to view the...

. I am running fcip on and I get a compression ratio of about 1.7, how can I improve this?The link is a 6meg link with a latency of 3-5ms under load.There are 3 fcip tunnels between 3 9509s and one 9216 on the far side, we are using EMC2 mirrorview

Arueda by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am having issues authentication with network-admin privileges via TACACS on the MDS. I defined the custom av attribute in the tacacs settings on acs as follows:cisco-av-pair=shell:roles="network-admin"For some reason it doesn't seem like the AV pa...

rm2017 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have been reading up about the pro's & con's of using port wwn over node wwn. From what I have read so far, I understand that port wwn zoning is more secure but more hassle when/if you change ports. Node wwn seems to be easier to manage but is ...

gstonian1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The Cisco 9216i switch's mgmt interface is on a private LAN that does not have an SMTP server. Is it possible to route outbound email through a gigE interface which is also an FCIP ISL?Has anyone had success at implementing Call home without a SMTP ...

cdayton by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have recently upgraded our 9500 sw to 2.1.2b and since this, we have been receiving ambiguous snmp traps.Is there an update i can load into our openview server that will correctly interpret these messages.Grateful for any helpJason