cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ivr on nexus 5548UP

sandevsingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, the feature ivr command does not work on the nexus 5548UP switches. I have a scenario where i have to transfer some vms which are almost about 500G in vsan 100 over to a different storage that is on vsan 200. (I dont want to use NFS).

The connectivity is as shown -

vsan 100 (vm datastore on netapp 3210) <-->Pair of N5ks <--> vsan 200 <--> Pair of N5ks <--> vsan 200 (New datastore on Netapp 6240).

In other words, how do i make the esxi on vsan 100 see a datastore on netapp 6240 so that i just storage v-motion the vms?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vdsudame
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ivr is not supported on nexus 5000 series switches. you will either need to move vm datastore on netapp 3210 and 6240 in the same vsan or uplink the nexus switch to a native FC switch like mds which supports ivr.

thanks, vinayak

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

vdsudame
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ivr is not supported on nexus 5000 series switches. you will either need to move vm datastore on netapp 3210 and 6240 in the same vsan or uplink the nexus switch to a native FC switch like mds which supports ivr.

thanks, vinayak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: