cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAFS technologies (Wide Area File Services)

nidonato
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello welcome to storage networking and the WAFS post. Post questions here!

7 Replies 7

ray.ortiz
Level 1
Level 1

Heelo we have a WAFS 511K9 on our network and are having very strange network connectivity issues. We have hard set the WAFS to 100/FULL and on our Cisco 6509 as well. We have several VLANs on our Catalyst switch and upon doing traceroutes and pings we get "TTL expired in transit". Very wierd behavior. Are there any settings or caveats that we need to be aware of, regarding the WAFS and VLANS?

Is this behavior occuring from all VLANs or only VLANs other than the VLAN that the FE511 is attached to? Try pinging from the VLAN that the FE511 is attached to. Doublecheck the default gateway settings in Gateway Manager on the FE that appears unreachable. Also check to see if the packets are reaching but not returning. It could be a routing problem

Hello

I'm trying to use WAFS 2.5.2. In the core server I have one CIFS server defined, with the right credentials, and i can see it on the edge server.But when i try to create some coherency policy and to specify the root dir in the content tab, i get the message " coult not access cifs://support/" (support is the name of the server).

Any suggestions????

Thank U

Hello, are you experiencing the problem when configuring the directive or when trying to browse "cifs://support/"? If you're seeing this error when configuring the directive then try applying the directive against a directory within a share on that server, i.e. "cifs://support/share1/directoryname" along with a content mask. If you're seeing this error when trying to browse the "cifs://support/" server, try supplying the domain along with the username, i.e. DOMAINNAME\prepositionuser, as it may be trying to authenticate against a non-existent domain.

erwinerwinerwin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have a 3640 Router and i want to use cisco compression technology, i allready read that my router doesnt support WAAS software with network module because 3640 series doesnt support that module (3660 series does), is there any other product that i could use considering i dont want to upgrade my router or use any other appliance. like adding another module and/or installing any other sollution.

thanx

You can use your existing 3640 router with a Cisco WAAS standalone appliance and inline interception card, or upgrade the router to the 2800 or 3800 series with which you can use the new Cisco WAAS router network module or a standalone Cisco WAAS appliance in various interception modes such as WCCP.

Hello Erwin,

In your case, unfortunately there is not another embedded solution for employing compression technologies. However, do speak with your Cisco account team, because the cost of a new router with an embedded network module is astonishingly cheap in many cases.

Best regards,

Joel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card