Storage Networking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License

Forum Posts

Greetings,Can anyone give me the lowdown with interop with Qlogic and MDS switches? There is no mention in the interop documentation regarding which mode to use with Qlogic switches. Even the Qlogic website does not mention much about it. I heard ...

I want to do read-only zoning with an IVR zone. There's no simple read-only checkbox for IVR zones in Fabric Manager. The only good reference I can find to this is in the 1.3 Fabric Manager Configuration Guide:"LUN-zoning and read-only zoning can b...

hellowe are replicating two storage systems HDS9980 with "true copy", the replication is over stm1.from HDS with uses cisco MDS 9200 to convert FC to GeTH and from there cisco 7600 to convert GeTH to stm1.we use a full synchronous replication.my ques...

Hi, i'm trying to get a mds 9509 to work with cisco ACS. I've got it okay for login authentication, however I can't seem to get it the report accounting info i.e. any changes. I came across a document that stated that the mds uses interim-update Ra...

reidg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,After seeing some mind blowing performance today when mirroring a large number of Terabytes of data through my two 9509's, I have to ask is it possible to get more than 2 Gbps out of a port?My current setup has a port in each port group (if th...

Greetings,When using ISL's on 16 port 2 Gb cards, you can use one port for an ISL but when using 32 port cards, you must use only one port in the port group (four ports). So the other three ports are useless (turned off).With the new 4 Gb cards, por...

Hi all,If my storage array presents a number of LUNs/LDEVs down two physical fibre cables which are outputs from the primary and secondary controllers, and those two cables are ports on the MDS switches, do you need to know the LUN number as it was c...

Hi All,I would appreciate some advice on zoning best practices.Old configuration is four Qlogic switches with only one zone in one zoneset of each switch. Each switch has three host HBA's and 10 storage ports in the one zone. This slightly confuses...

Greetings,As part of our new and improved SAN infrastructure, we have purchased a number of 9509 (core) and 9216 (edge) SAN switches. We have done the admin and trouble shooting training and this raised questions about using ISLs. Our previous SAN ...

Resolved! MDS boot files

I need to upgrade the OS on my MDS 9216i switch. I need to clear some room on the bootflash. There is a file there that I need to know about. 263 Dec 31 19:03:15 1979 license_FOX0848020C_46.lic 12288 Dec 31 19:01:08 1979 lost+foun...