Views
Helpful
Replies

2 ports dead on a SG 200-08?

diego
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to solve a strange behaviour of my Smart Switch Gigabit SG 200-08.

After 3 years of flawless use, ports no.1 and 2 suddenly went off. Front LEDs are off, and the port configuration webpage shows them labelled as "Inactive connection", even if they are properly connected. Of course, any device connected to these ports is just being cut off from the network (no connection lights on them either), while connecting the same devices on ports 3-8 does work fine.

Before replacing the apparently defective unit, I have also tried to update its firmware to the latest version (1.0.8.3) but the problem persists.

Does anybody know how to "resurrect" the two dead ports on my switch?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Reply 1

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Unfortunately ports do blow especially ports that are POE enabled , if there dead there is no resurrecting them unfortunately , it even happens on the high end switches , I have 6500s here with blown module ports you either replace or put up with it , you have already done what you can by upgrading the firmware to make sure its not a software defect causing it

you could check with these guys but you may be out of luck , blown hardware is exactly that and would need to be replaced or actually opened up and looked at , and replacing the device can b cheaper than that if not under support

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html