Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a hardware that does not support VLAN to my network

webmaster34
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a Cisco SG250-08HP connected to other Cisco smart switches wich are connected to a WatchGuard firewall who assigns the IP address for each VLAN and I'm trying to connect a new hardware to my network, but this hardware does not support VLAN. How can I give access to the Internet to this new hardware through the network without having to connect a cable directly from that new hardware to one of my Firewall ports?

I want to do all through the switches.

Can anyone please help me solve this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The device I'm trying to connect is a mobile credit card reader for payments.

I think the layer 2 interface is more reliable for this situation if the switch I'm using uses layer 2, but the other switches that are connected to this one are SG200-26 ports so I don't know if they support that technology.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the hardware is dumb switch - make sure you confgure the connected port to respected VLAN as access port.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi and thanks for replying,

What I'm trying to connect is a VeriFone which uses IP addresses.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what is that device is, you looking IP Interface or Layer 2 Interface for that device to work ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The device I'm trying to connect is a mobile credit card reader for payments.

I think the layer 2 interface is more reliable for this situation if the switch I'm using uses layer 2, but the other switches that are connected to this one are SG200-26 ports so I don't know if they support that technology.