Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access SPE2000 web console

ssisupport2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was able to access the web console before but all of the sudden last week when we tried to login to do some configuration it didn't recognize it.  I tried default login and still failed.  So, I did factory reset of the switch and couldn't find the IP.  I use 'FastResolver' to find the MAC address of the device and it didn't find it.  I did some research and they mention to use 192.168.100.20  that failed.  I even tried scanning for 192.168.1.x, 192.168.2.x, and 192.168.3.x and 192.168.15.x.  But didn't find the device.  Then I did again without any router or uplink connected and even assigned static IP on the laptop.  We have 2 other switches of exact same make and model with same exact issue.  We also have encounter similar issue in the past so not sure if anyone have come across this issue.  Plus I need help on accessing the switch so we can put back same configuration we had before.

Thank You,

Ankur

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I'm really sorry you are having issues with these devices.

Now, these switches are a little on the older side, and I'm not sure they will request for a DHCP address, so maybe that's why you cannot find it as they are not getting an address on the network.

What I will recommend is to unplug the switch from the network just to be sure, then factory reset it, connect a PC directly to it and assign a static IP address of 192.168.1.100 to it, then open a web browser and try to access the interface of the switch by going to 192.168.1.254.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I'm really sorry you are having issues with these devices.

Now, these switches are a little on the older side, and I'm not sure they will request for a DHCP address, so maybe that's why you cannot find it as they are not getting an address on the network.

What I will recommend is to unplug the switch from the network just to be sure, then factory reset it, connect a PC directly to it and assign a static IP address of 192.168.1.100 to it, then open a web browser and try to access the interface of the switch by going to 192.168.1.254.

I hope this helps.

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

You mean SFE2000 switch, right?  If so it has a console port.  Why not connect to that with serial cable, watch it boot and then check configuration to see what happened and what IP address it has?

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/sfe2000/quick_start/guide/SFE-SGE2xxx_QuickStart.pdf

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Also, there is a super secret unsupported CLI on these switches:

To access the CLI, go to the entry page of the menu based console, then press Ctrl+Z and type lcli. You will need to enter your login credentials again, after that you will arrive in the CLI.

Please note that the CLI on the SxE switches, although much similar, is not exactly the same as Cisco IOS.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I just wanted to follow up with you and find out if you were ever able to log into the web interface.

Please let us know.

ketanshah
Level 1
Level 1

cchamorr and Brandon Svec,
Thanks for the respond.
Sorry for the delay.  I had few other projects going on back and forth. At least we had connection but didn't have admin access for time being.  I reset to factory default and i realized i had to wait longer than expected and I believe I disconnected the uplink.  Then I was able to access 192.168.1.254 after while.  Now i was able to reconfigure it.  But what was the cause for the password not to work anymore on all 3 of them?