cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS220-24FP switch boot-loop out of the box

VasileT
Level 1
Level 1

We bought a few CBS220-24FP switches. Most of them are already installed and working fine, but one refuses to start properly.
It is stuck in a boot-loop with the following console output:

CPU:500MHz LXB:200MHz MEM:300MHz
CPU : 500 MHz
RAM : 256 MB
FLASH: 64 MB

Model: CBS220_24T_4G_v2
MAC : 2C:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

Memory test............PASSED

Hit Esc key to stop autoboot: 0
## Booting image from partition ... 0
Image Name: 2.0.1.5
Created: 2021-09-24 13:29:15 UTC
Data Size: 18435725 Bytes = 17.6 MB
Verifying Checksum ... OK
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

Starting kernel ...

Restore Factory Default Success!
Rebooting now...
reboot: Restarting system

In the "Hit Esc key to stop autoboot:" menu, option number "[4] Loader Shell" asks for a password, but no matter what password you type, it keeps turning me back to the same menu.

[1] Password Recovery Procedure
[2] Restore Factory Defaults
[3] Erase Flash File
[4] Loader Shell
[5] Start Fresh From Scratch
[0] Exit
Enter your choice:

The whole time the switch is trying to boot, all the LEDs are flashing except the power LED which does not turn on at all.

I wonder if someone had the same problem and managed to load a newer firmware using the "Loader Shell".
BTW I can't find any reference to this Loader Shell in the documentation.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- The device is then probably faulty , and you need to ask for a replacement  (RMA)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Have you tried any other options ,like for instance [1]  ; (for the time being only in the context of analyzing the boot problem) , ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

VasileT
Level 1
Level 1

Yes.

All the other options, [1] included, lead to restarting, which again ends up in a loop.

- The device is then probably faulty , and you need to ask for a replacement  (RMA)

M.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks some reported same issue, some users upgraded to latest firmware fixed the issue, if that is not the case with you Raise SMB tac case for replacement.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help