cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS250 failed to Add IP Interface

tomching
Level 1
Level 1

I have created and saved a vlan (99) then I tried to add static ip (192.168.99.254 / 255.255.255.0) to the new vlan, the switch web interface not responding after I press Apply.

Ping to the default ip 192.168.1.254 is also no response. The only way to access web interface is to power off & on the switch.

I tried on totally 3 band new CBS250 with latest firmware and also factory reset of the switch, all have the same problems.

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>... then I tried to add static ip (192.168.99.254 / 255.255.255.0) to the new vlan, 
                       - What does that mean , how does it relate to the CBS250 ?

>..Ping to the default ip 192.168.1.254 is also no response
                      - That address  only work if it can not find a DHCP server to get an address (for initial setup)

>...The only way to access web interface is to power off & on the switch
                     - In that case what address are you using then in the browser to access the switch ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

@marce1000  已写:

>... then I tried to add static ip (192.168.99.254 / 255.255.255.0) to the new vlan, 
                       - What does that mean , how does it relate to the CBS250 ?

--ipv4 interface -> add interface with static ip for vlan 99

>..Ping to the default ip 192.168.1.254 is also no response
                      - That address  only work if it can not find a DHCP server to get an address (for initial setup)

-- just want to complete the setup before ship to remote sites for installation

>...The only way to access web interface is to power off & on the switch
                     - In that case what address are you using then in the browser to access the switch ?

M.

>...just want to complete the setup before ship to remote sites for installation
  - That leads to a kind of race condition w.r.t the device being on your current network for configuring (indeed).
             There are a few alternatives : 1) have the mac address registered on the remote site(s) dhcp server so that it obtains an ip address when booted (and or powered). Then further configure it through a VPN access solution , which would provide you access to the device at the remote site . 2) Configure the device manually through the console CLI and ship it afterwards. The benefit of 1) is that you have something to work with and can finish and verify  the complete setup. 2) has the disadvantage that if an error is made it still becomes unusable at the remote site(s)

Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbms/CBS_250_350/CLI/cbs-250-cli/introduction.html#wp1512466029

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

It doesn't help, fix ip will be use at the remote site. I just want to solve the router hangup problem when I apply the fix ip to the VLAN.

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

@tomching 

router hangup problem? So, the switch is connected to your network and perhaps it's a trunk link?

Kris K

not connected to any network, i just connected a PC for configuration

- For testing try another IP address for VLAN 99 : 192.168.99.120 / 255.255.255.0 (e.g.)

M.

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

@tomching 

Have you tried a different browser? You should be able to do that using CLI, too.

Kris K