Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS250 series - Protected ports gone?

CrzHrs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

i was looking to enable some protected ports on CBS250 series, but the option has gone from the interface. even if i do a search, i only find protected lag. Firmware 3.1.1.7

Did i miss something or something has changed?  The manual still has it in the list:

• Protected Ports provide Layer 2 isolation between interfaces (Ethernet ports and LAGs) that share the same VLAN.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the document you have only option LAG, is this worked before or you configured on the individual port?

Looking at the Datasheet, not seen they support that..(or i may be missed information here ?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

CrzHrs
Level 1
Level 1

I did check the emulators, and actually even the old sg250 doesn't have protected ports.

..well.. well.. this is.. ehm...

Sure, then if you looking the option need to look for mode which suports. hope this help you.

BB

CrzHrs
Level 1
Level 1

I will have to do it via acl. I don't know why they did exclude a so basic function..

Boh..

did the command levle give apportunity to do this change, that is good work around. some time GUI changes may overwrite the config, so test it make sure it was still the case after chaging CLI and test with GUI some changes and see if the config is intact on command level ?

BB