cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS350-24P-4G Support to GLC-TE

viv42
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CBS350-24P-4G  Switch model and I am trying to use the GLC-TE module on the switch port number gi25 - 28 ( 1G-Fiber ) for Copper uplink to another switch.

The GLC-TE module is Cisco branded. 

The problem is,

Scenario-1

When I am using a GLC-TE module with Cat6 copper cable for uplink from Switch-1 port gi25 ( 1G-Fiber ) To Switch-2 port gi25 ( 1G-Fiber ).  The port goes into the error-disable state with the error "PORT_SUSPENDED: Port te1/0/13 suspended by link-flapping" and the port operational status keeps in a down state.

Scenario-2

When I am using a GLC-TE module with Cat6 copper cable for uplink from Switch-1 port gi25 ( 1G-Fiber ) To Switch-2 port gi24 ( 1G-Copper ).  The uplink is works fine and I am able to send/receive the packets.

Please let me know whether the GLC-TE module is supported with the CBS350-24P-4G Switch or not?

And why it is not working in scenario-1 and working in scenario-2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

You can not change port type from Copper to Fiber or vice versa.

The GLC-TE for this switch is copper with Cat5, I believe it might work with Cat6 but need to test.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

On the datasheet it is listed as supporte for Cat5e

GLC-TE

UTP cat 5e

1000 Mbps

100 m

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/business-350-series-managed-switches/datasheet-c78-744156.html

"Switch-1 port gi25 ( 1G-Fiber ) To Switch-2 port gi25 ( 1G-Fiber )"

I will not support Fiber.

viv42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Flavio,

Thank you for your quick response.

So, I was connecting my two switches from Switch-1 port gi25 (Fiber optic Port) to Switch-2 gi25 (Fiber optic Port) with GLC TE connected on both the ports and the connectivity cable is Cat6 copper cable. Which is not working.

As per the document if I use Cat 5e copper cable in the above mentioned scenario then will the uplink work properly or not?

I have also seen one of the similar community case, where the solution provided to change the Port type from fiber optic port to copper port.

But when I check this on the Switch GUI, I can see the option of port type in port settings but there is no option to change it. Any idea on this?

Hi

You can not change port type from Copper to Fiber or vice versa.

The GLC-TE for this switch is copper with Cat5, I believe it might work with Cat6 but need to test.

viv42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Flavio,

Thank you for the information.