cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS350-48P-4X Best Practice for using 10GB ports

crlowe
Level 1
Level 1

I just purchased 4 CBS350-48P-4X switches.  They are installed in two separate network cabinets about 30' apart, two on 1st floor and two on 2nd floor.  All have 10GB SPF+ transceiver modules in the 10GB ports.  All 10GB ports are configured as stacking and connected using Cat6a cables.  They are currently configured in a single stack ring, Master and Backup in one cabinet and Slave and Slave in another cabinet.  Would it be better to configure as 2 stacks, a Master and Backup in each cabinet, then connect the switches with the remaining 10GB ports configured as network or uplink ports instead of stacking ports?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

according to your explanation, i guess you configured 2 x 10G ports from each switch for stacking and used ring topology to stacking. since you have 4 switches backplane stack traffic is distributing evenly.

also as you mentioned, you can have 2 stacks in two cabinets and configure LACP using 2 x 10G (20G port channel) ports between stacks. 

if you have stacked all 4 switches, you have single management plane for all 4 switches. if you create 2 stacks , management need to do in 2 management planes.

below link also will help you to get idea about two connectivity methods.

https://medium.com/@AriaZhu/switch-stacking-vs-uplink-which-is-better-for-connecting-switches-2406c78a12a5

Good luck

rate and mark as answer i this resolved your concern

KB

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

according to your explanation, i guess you configured 2 x 10G ports from each switch for stacking and used ring topology to stacking. since you have 4 switches backplane stack traffic is distributing evenly.

also as you mentioned, you can have 2 stacks in two cabinets and configure LACP using 2 x 10G (20G port channel) ports between stacks. 

if you have stacked all 4 switches, you have single management plane for all 4 switches. if you create 2 stacks , management need to do in 2 management planes.

below link also will help you to get idea about two connectivity methods.

https://medium.com/@AriaZhu/switch-stacking-vs-uplink-which-is-better-for-connecting-switches-2406c78a12a5

Good luck

rate and mark as answer i this resolved your concern

KB

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

crlowe
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you.  I will leave the stacked ring configuration as is.