cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Compact 24-Port Gigabit Switch with 2 Combo Mini-GBIC Ports (SG102-24-NA)

erickogelschatz
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased the Cisco Compact 24-Port Gigabit Switch with 2 Combo Mini-GBIC Ports (SG102-24-NA) and I'm worried I purchased the wrong one switch for my business.

My intention is to connect our Apple Airport Extreme to the Cisco switch in order to connect the internet to our VOIP phones. However, there isn't an ethernet port for the router, instead two SFP ports. Should I have purchased a different model? Or should, I keep this model and purchase a Cisco GLC-T 1000BASE-T SFP transceiver module (link below) in order to connect the ethernet cord from our Apple Airport Extreme to the Cisco switch and provide internet to all of my phones?

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-GLC-T-1000BASE-T-transceiver-module/dp/B0000C3GWT

If I should purchase this connector, should I be concerned that it will affect speed in a negative way? I assume no, since I'm converting from ethernet to fiber, but I'm totally new at this and wasn't sure.

Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Are you using all 24 copper ports for something else?  Just plug your router into any copper port and you should be good to go.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Are you using all 24 copper ports for something else?  Just plug your router into any copper port and you should be good to go.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --