Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have tryed to upgrade the FW but get this message :

Copy failed
Copy: SW code file is over sized

I tryed to upgrade to Release 1.4.0.88 from release 1.3.7.18

The boot loader is version 1.0.0.1

Hope som one can help me to upgrade the FW.

Br. Torben Grosen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ismael Arroyo
Level 1
Level 1

My name is Ismael. Iam with the Small Business Support Center. From my understanding you have tried firmware upgrade and its not uploading. I like to suggest to upgrade the bootcode first before attempting the firmware. Bootcode can be found on the same zip folder as the firmware. I have tried the same in my lab with SG300 with an initial bootcode and then i upgraded it to 1.3.5.06  allowing for the firmware to upload.  So give it a try and let me know how it turns out.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

TorbenVejle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Iarroyo,

Thanks for the mail. How do I upgrade the bootloader ?

Br. Torben Grosen

TorbenVejle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Iarroyo,

Br. Torben Grosen

Ismael Arroyo
Level 1
Level 1

My name is Ismael. Iam with the Small Business Support Center. From my understanding you have tried firmware upgrade and its not uploading. I like to suggest to upgrade the bootcode first before attempting the firmware. Bootcode can be found on the same zip folder as the firmware. I have tried the same in my lab with SG300 with an initial bootcode and then i upgraded it to 1.3.5.06  allowing for the firmware to upload.  So give it a try and let me know how it turns out.

Hi Iarroyo,

Br. Torben Grosen

I have now upgrade fw and boot loader using a ftp server.

Hi Iarroyo,

I am facing the same problem now.  Could you send the bootloader to me?  Thanks!

Leung

ahming000,

If your model switch is the sg200, higher than 8 ports the firmware 1.4.0.88 would have the bootcode. Its the file named sx200_boot-13506.rfb.  This firmware can be found under Cisco.com, downloads. This same file would have to be uploaded via a TFTP server only.

Hi,

I'am using SG200-50P 50-Port Gigabit PoE Smart Switch. I tried to upgrade the firmware as mentioned above. Upload the boot code first and then again try to upload the firmware upgrade. But it still keep giving the error "SW code file is over sized".

How do you upgrade the bootloader?  Can it be done via http or ftp?  If so any directions would be great