cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG200-50 Small Business - Issue after Reboot - i cannot access to my switch once reinitiated

products11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, once i rebooted my Smart Switch Cisco SG-200-50 i cannot access by Webmail, my network is working but the switch IP is not answer me (Destination host is unreachable) and it doesn't have Console port, how can i fix this problem?

I am new with Cisco Switch and i will appreciate your help.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ruwyatt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By default the switch will pull an IP address from DHCP. If it's system light is not blinking it either has a DHCP address or is using a Static IP.

If you configured a Static address did you save the running-config to start-up config before rebooting switch?

You should be able to find it in your DHCP Client List or by using the Cisco FindIt Tool.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286286120&flowid=74202&softwareid=283453334&release=2.0.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

If the system light is blinking it is using it's default address of 192.168.1.254 so you would put a static address of 192.168.1.254 on a PC and you should be able to access it at 1.254.

Thanks,

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Russ Wyatt | Network Engineer | Cisco Technical Support | ruwyatt@cisco.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ruwyatt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By default the switch will pull an IP address from DHCP. If it's system light is not blinking it either has a DHCP address or is using a Static IP.

If you configured a Static address did you save the running-config to start-up config before rebooting switch?

You should be able to find it in your DHCP Client List or by using the Cisco FindIt Tool.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286286120&flowid=74202&softwareid=283453334&release=2.0.0&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

If the system light is blinking it is using it's default address of 192.168.1.254 so you would put a static address of 192.168.1.254 on a PC and you should be able to access it at 1.254.

Thanks,

.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Russ Wyatt | Network Engineer | Cisco Technical Support | ruwyatt@cisco.com

Hi Ruwyatt, it works form me, i changed the Default IP (192.168.1.254) to my internal IP and saved my Cisco configuration to Start-up config and now all is OK.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day buddy.