Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SG200 password broken after firmware update

ST KW
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I updated our Cisco SG200-50 switch from firmware 1.4.0.88 to version 1.4.1.03. After reboot I can't login with my credentials. Mistyping is not possible, I use a passwordmanager. The config is loaded and working (that means no reset to default). Has anybody an idea whats went wrong and how to fix it?

Best regards
Stephan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I could be wrong, but I think your only option with this model is to factory reset and reconfigure or reload backup.  The 300/500 have console connection and have password recovery methods, but since 200 has no console connection you do not have that option.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

View solution in original post

You will need to factory restore the switch with a paperclip or similar.  Then it will go back to cisco/cisco. Your configuration will be lost though and you will need to restore from backup or recreate it manually.  There is no other option with this model since it does not have a console port. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

I could be wrong, but I think your only option with this model is to factory reset and reconfigure or reload backup.  The 300/500 have console connection and have password recovery methods, but since 200 has no console connection you do not have that option.

What was the exact scenario? Firmware change and the old password doesn't work? Try cisco cisco

If you changed firmware got in and changed the password and then could not get in, also try cisco cisco.

If the firmware has changed, I would hesitate to try a reload from the old firmware. 

But as Brandon suggested a factory reset is the only choice left.

Eric Moyers

Hi Eric,

> What was the exact scenario? Firmware change and the old password doesn't work?

Yes. That's the scenario.

cisco cisco doesn't work.

How can I reload the old firmware without login?

Regards
Stephan

How can I reload the old firmware?

You will need to factory restore the switch with a paperclip or similar.  Then it will go back to cisco/cisco. Your configuration will be lost though and you will need to restore from backup or recreate it manually.  There is no other option with this model since it does not have a console port.