Hello All,

I have question want to ask: 

I have Cisco switch SF200-24 I want to configuration VLAN as below:

Port 1 to 10 = Vlan 100

Port 11 to 21 = Vlan 200

Port 22 to 24 = Vlan 300

Port GE1 = Trunking (Primary)

Port GE2 = Trunking (Secondary)

How to add all VLAN 100, 200, 300 go through Trunking Primary and Secondary?

Which port can I connect for management switch?

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

> How to add all VLAN 100, 200, 300 go through Trunking Primary and Secondary?

firstly set those ports as trunks via "VLAN Management" -> "Interface settings" - click on corresponding port, click on "edit.." button and select "Trunk" from list.

Once those ports (GE1 and GE2) are as trunks, you can now assign them all desired VLANs via "VLAN Management" -> "Port VLAN Membership". Select first port (GE1), click "join VLAN" and select all desired VLANs from left list and put them to right list.

and you are done.

> Which port can I connect for management switch?

by default, switch management IP is a part of default VLAN1. If you wanted to keep access to your switch, assign "VLAN1" to one of access ports, or change management VLAN to different number than 1 - but in this case dont forget to apply correct IP settings in order to meet subnet assigned in new VLAN.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

> How to add all VLAN 100, 200, 300 go through Trunking Primary and Secondary?

firstly set those ports as trunks via "VLAN Management" -> "Interface settings" - click on corresponding port, click on "edit.." button and select "Trunk" from list.

Once those ports (GE1 and GE2) are as trunks, you can now assign them all desired VLANs via "VLAN Management" -> "Port VLAN Membership". Select first port (GE1), click "join VLAN" and select all desired VLANs from left list and put them to right list.

and you are done.

> Which port can I connect for management switch?

by default, switch management IP is a part of default VLAN1. If you wanted to keep access to your switch, assign "VLAN1" to one of access ports, or change management VLAN to different number than 1 - but in this case dont forget to apply correct IP settings in order to meet subnet assigned in new VLAN.

Hello Michal,

It is working now with Trunking and Management.

Thanks for fast respond