cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure both data and voice vlan on CBS250-16

Judith_0815
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue configuring CBS250 16 port POE switches for connecting cisco IP Phone 8841.

I configure the access VLAN 300 for the data VLAN and VLAN 500 for the voice VLAN.

But, whenever an IP phone is plugged into the CBS 250 switch, the access port is changed with a trunk port.

Also, the data VLAN is not working, so that the user loses the internet connection, but the IP phone is online.

Can you let me know how to configure the port to VLAN for both the data and voice port are working together?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/Cisco-Business-Switching/kmgmt-2258-voice-vlan-configuration-on-the-cbs250-350-series-switches.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello,

I already check the manual, and the voice VLAN is configured with VLAN 500.

However, when I check the voice VLAN list, I found the default VLAN 1 is on the list.

Do you think I have to delete the default VLAN 1 for solving the issue?

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It seems “Enable Auto Voice VLAN” option is enabled under ‘VLAN Management >> Voice VLAN >> Properties >> Dynamic Voice VLAN Settings’, if you disable that (Dynamic Voice VLAN) then the switch port will not automatically be changed to Trunk mode from Access Mode.

To allow the data and voice traffic together on the switch port you need to configure the switch port in Trunk mode, data VLAN will be untagged and voice VLAN should be tagged (for example ‘300U, 500T’ in your case). You can either configure that manually or via Dynamic Voice VLAN settings.

Hello,

Our current data VLAN is VLAN 300 and voice VLAN is VLAN 500.

Whenever I plug the IP phone, the data port turned into the trunk port automatically due to the auto voice VLAN.

Currently, there are three VLANs, VLAN1, 300, and 500.

Do I have to delete the default VLAN 1 to configure for Voice VLAN 500?

Also, if I disable the auto Voice VLAN configuration, do I have to configure the access port with the trunk port?

Whenever I configure to add voice VLAN 500 from the command line like other CISCO switches like C2960X, adding voice VLAN is not working at all.

Please give me more advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X