cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove SLM248G4S from stack

dean-edwards
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 SLM248G4S switches in a stack (SW1, SW2, and SW3), and want to pull one out and configure it as a stand alone.

If I just disconnect the stacking ports from SW3 and reconnect the bottom stack port from SW2 to the top one of SW1, the two switches continue to function together fine, but SW3 still seems to think it's part of the stack (still shows #3 on the LED screen) and doesn't work at all.  I cannot even telnet into SW3.

How do I accomplish this?

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Dean,

The quick start guide , page 3  says on the front panel there is a tiny hole, with only room for a paperclip ;

Reset — Press and hold the Reset Button for less than ten seconds to

reboot the switch. Press and hold the Reset Button for more than ten

seconds to reset the switch’s settings to the factory defaults

This should do the trick

regards Dave

I appreciate your quick answer, but it was incorrect.  My question was about the SLM248G4S, which has no reset button that I can find.  The link you provided was to a quick start guide for different model switches.

Hello Dean

I take it you are refering to the orginal SLM248G4S branded as Linksys. I was not able to find the admin guide directly from the Cisco site as we have replaced the SLM248G4S with an updated hardware revision which did change a few things such as adding a reset button.

Below is a link I was able to find for the admin guide:

http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/Linksys-SLM248G4S-manual.pdf

I would like to suggest that you use the console port on the switch and make changes there or reset the unit.