cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to update boot file for SG200-26P

fladd
Level 1
Level 1

I am new at this, and need assist in updating the sx200_boot-13506.rfb file into my switch.  I have downloaded the Boot and FW files to my computer which is connected to the switch, and updated the fw file by using the Upgrade page via HPPT/HP\TTPS and then used brose to find the fw file on my computer.

However, HTTP/HTTPS does not allow upgrade of the Boot Code.

For that I have to go to via TFTP, and here is the issue.  What do I put in for Server IP Address and Source File Name.  I have tried the computer IP for the first, and full route to the file for the second, but no go.

Please help.

I just bought this switch, and found out it out of support contract.

6 Replies 6

cophilip
Level 1
Level 1
Do you have a tarp server running on the computer? If you are using a windows computer download tftpd32 http://tftpd32.jounin.net/tftpd32_download.html Then make sure it is pointing to the directory the file is in, and it is using the interface that is connected to the switch. Place the computers ip on the upload page and the name of the file. If you need more help just reply - Philip

Philip,

Thank you.  And, how do I load the MIB file update for 1.4.

Ford

Thank you.  I saw that article, but am lost.  Is it important for me to update the MIB to 1.4 for SG200-26P switch when I have upgraded fw and boot.

If so, MIB 1.4 has far more files than listed in cited article.  So, what are steps.

You will need to look contact your snmp software provider.

Philip,

Thank you for helping me with my office SG200-26P.

I also have a 10-12 month old SG200-26 in my home.

Can you send me instructions how to use the TTP/Jounin server so I may update the boot file in another SG200-26 that I have in my home.  I bought it new from Cisco about 10-14 months ago.  I am running W10-64 and the help file in the Jounin program is unreadable.

Thank you.

Ford Ladd