Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't delete mac address table

kmsupport
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

we have 3 cisco SG500-52 switches with 5 vlans.

one vlan is only for sonos speakers. a few days ago 5 sonos speakers appeared in the wrong vlan, strangely the ports on the cisco switch had suddenly different vlan-settings - I didn't changed anything in the last 3 month on this switch.

I corrected the vlan-settings for the 5 ports but even if I restart the speakers, they still get ip-addresses from wrong vlan.

so I would like to clear the mac address table of this vlan, but I get an error message:

clear mac address-table vlan 3 dynamic
% Wrong number of parameters or invalid range, size or characters entered

I also tried:

clear mac address-table dynamic vlan 3

if I filter in the webinterface in menu "MAC Address Tables > Dynamic Addresses" for vlan 3 and click on "clear table" - does the switch delete ALL entries from all vlans or only the filtered vlan?

or is it a problem, if I simply delete ALL mac address tables in the webinterface (in the webinterface I can't clear a specific vlan)? we only have the typ "dynamic". do all devices get automatically a new ip-address from the correct vlan or is it necessary to restart the switches or the devices?

many thanks, ferdinand

1 Reply 1

verdura
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
To my knowledge if you delete the table the switch will rebuild it. I don't think the network will be affected...