cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I cant ping and access web ui of my SG300-28

aaron23
Level 1
Level 1

Please help, since last week i cant access web ui and can not ping my sg300-28. But the switch is working normal, and its configuration is still working, i just cant access and ping the switch. please help, thanks.

2 Replies 2

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

What is the Switch mode? Is it in Layer 2 (Switch) or Layer 3 (Router) mode? Did you assign any Fixed IP address on the Switch Vlan? Do you cross verified your DHCP server for an IP lease for the Cisco Switch? 

Do you have Console Cable with you? If yes then login Switch using the Console cable check the configuration for IP changes or any configuration issue. 

If not then 

I advise you to download IP scanner as Advanced IP Scanner and scan your network for any new IP of your switch. There is a chance that switch was on the default IP and switch got a new IP from the DHCP server. 

If you have any Cisco router or another Switch connected to this switch then you can check the new IP address using the CDP details as

"Show CDP neighbor details"

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi Kumar, i wasnt able to detect the switches trough Advanced IP Scanner. I tried using the console cable, i was able to detect the com ports in my pc but was not able to connect trough, i have used putty to connect trough serial.