Views
Helpful
Replies

IEE802.3ad on CISCO SG300-20

a.rondini
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

i need help to configure this switch Cisco (SG300-20) in a IEE802.3ad to link 6 ports 100Mb from another switch.

In this way i can work with a bandwith of 600Mb between Cisco and my Switch.

Can you help me to solve this problem with an useful help.

I've attacched an image of network.

Thank you for reply.

7 Replies 7

Brendan Kearney
Level 1
Level 1

i have an SG300-28.  i have bonded Gi25-28 and trunked several VLANs across the port-channel.  below is the relevant config lines.  you may or may not want the lldp stuff.

interface gigabitethernet25

description "Port Channel to Router"

channel-group 1 mode auto

lldp notifications enable

lldp optional-tlv port-desc sys-name sys-desc sys-cap 802.3-mac-phy 802.3-lag 802.3-max-frame-size

lldp management-address automatic

!

interface gigabitethernet26

lldp optional-tlv port-desc sys-name sys-desc sys-cap 802.3-mac-phy 802.3-lag 802.3-max-frame-size

!

interface gigabitethernet27

!                                                    

interface gigabitethernet28

!

interface Port-channel1

switchport mode general

switchport general allowed vlan add 2-3,25,37,50,52,253-255 tagged

switchport general pvid 255

!

Hi, thank you for reply.

But i can use only Web configuration of this switch.

Can you help me in this way?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Andrea, a link aggregation can be made in one of two ways. The easiest (and best way) in my opinion is a static LAG. A LAG is like any regular port with the exception it uses multiple links as 1 logical link.

To make a "static LAG" here are some sequential pictures.

The above pictures are making a static LAG. The LAG configuration must match the same on each side. The physical port numbers are irrelevant so long as they are connecting to a member of a LAG group.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I've done like you said, but my bandwith it's the same!

It's like i've 6 single channel at 100Mb/s not one at 600 Mb/s.

I've tried to transfer a big file between this network but i can download only a 100Mb/s .

How do you measure this?

The transfer will only operate to the slowest media. Meaning if you have a LAG between switches and you have 2 computers transferring a file between them, your transfer will only be 100 mbit because there is only 1 connection to the computers.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

the 300 series devices only allow for LACP with 802.3ad, which does not give you the total bandwidth of all interfaces in a LAG.  from what i have been able to find, the balance-xor port-channelling method is what you are looking for, but i think only the 500 series of devices supports that in the SMB market.

I've linked a PC at 100Mb to a first switch and i've reduced bandiwth to 2Mb of prots of last switch before Cisco and i've transferred file between two PC, the first at switch and the second to a CISCO in LAG modality.

So, the max bandwith is 2Mb instead 4Mb (union of 2 ports).

Can you help me?