Helpful
Replies

Internet/VOICE access from the same Router

PenielIpo3099
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well.

I have a scenario here where i have been cracking my head to find a solution but to no avail.

I have two ISP routers c800 series. One has been set up for internet gateway and the other has been set up as voice gateway-SIP (Voice service also provided by the ISP).

This is my problem. The internet router is not supplying internet but the SIP Router. However, the internal LAN is configured to have DHCP from the internet gateway router, which unfortunately does not have internet, hence, the LAN has no internet. LAN has an ip range from internet GW router as 192.168.20.1-254 and SIP router has DHCP range from 10.1.30.1-254. The previous engineer used a SF 300 24P switch which has IOS version 1.0.0.27, which i am not even able to see how its configured. Some ports on the switch have access to SIP Gateway (10.1.30.1) and other ports on the switch have access to internet gateway-no intervlan routing i guess due to the swx being L2. The phones have are digital, hence one port to connect wall port and the other connects PC. When that happens, the phone has 10.130.X IPs and PCs have 10.1.30.X IPs, hence, no internet. 

Therefore, the million dollar question is this: I have bought a cisco 9200L swx so how can i configure it in such a way that users (PCs and phones) can have access to both internet and voice? DNS server is configured on 192.168.20.0 network.

0 Replies 0