cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys SFE2010

Carlos Bergia
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco SFE2010 48-port 10/100 Ethernet Switch and I don´t see the options to configure Layer 3. It seems that my devide is only a Layer 2 device. I don´t know why because Data Sheet says the it has Layer 3 properties

Regards

Carlos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi carlos,

Telnet or better,  console into the switch

You use this management  interface, to alter the default mode of the switch .

The switch is by default in;

1. stacking mode as well as

2. Layer 2 mode.

You should be able to easily find these options from the console or telnet main menu.

Alter this behaviour from layer 2 mode to layer 3 mode.

If your not using stacking , alter the default stacking mode away from stacking mode..

The machine will reboot after you alter these settings and default your configuration.

After the reboot, console back in, you can then use the console to modify your default IP address of the management interface.

regards Dave

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi carlos,

Telnet or better,  console into the switch

You use this management  interface, to alter the default mode of the switch .

The switch is by default in;

1. stacking mode as well as

2. Layer 2 mode.

You should be able to easily find these options from the console or telnet main menu.

Alter this behaviour from layer 2 mode to layer 3 mode.

If your not using stacking , alter the default stacking mode away from stacking mode..

The machine will reboot after you alter these settings and default your configuration.

After the reboot, console back in, you can then use the console to modify your default IP address of the management interface.

regards Dave

Thanks for your quick response David. From the web management I saw the stack option but didn´t see the other one to pass from L2 to L3. I will check again to see if I can find it and I´ll let you know.

Thanks again

Carlos

Carlos Bergia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I was able to solve my issue. As David said, by default the switch is on Layer 2 mode. Via web that option can not be modified, but via CLI it is.

After set up the switch as Layer 3 mode and reset, the web interface updated with all Layer 3 options.

Hope this can be useful somebody.

Regards

Carlos