cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Permance issues with SG300-28

HoofHearted
Level 1
Level 1

We have about 20 clients on our SBS network. I purchased a SG300-28 about 3 months ago, and at first everything was fine. Then a few weeks ago some users with 100M network cards started reporting that their pc's were very slow. Today I went to those pc's and ran a utility called LanSpeedTest.exe I found that on the problem pc's this was only reporting 7Mb/s on the read cycle. Previously I would get about 80Mb/s on those machines. As far as I know, the 1G machines aren't having any issues.

The fix was quite simple. I had to unplug each cable from the switch and plug it into a different socket. The speed was instantly back up to normal again. Unplugging the cable and putting it back in the same socket did not fix anything.

Although I am the network administrator, my background is in programming. So i'm not an expert here. I just need to understand what is happening. But also I would like to know if I can use the web interface to diagnose this issue and do some sort of reset instead of having to switch cables around.

Ian

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Check out the release notes  on SG300 firmware 1.1.2.x.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10898/prod_release_notes_list.html

Make sure you are using the most current version of firmware.1.1.2.0 as well.

There was a issue as noted in release notes that seems to relate to your symptoms..

regards dave

Ok, i've upgraded the firmware. I'll see how it goes. Thanks for your help.

Ian