cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port isolation between two SRW swiches connected through fiber?

markyzzkrat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

i have one SRW2024P connected through fiber to SRW2048. I would like to create isolated link between these two switches consisting of at least one isolated port at each switch. Can this SRWs do this?

Alternatively i need on the SRW2048 side few PoE ports so do you know any 16+ port PoE switch that can do this?

THX for answer.

1 Reply 1

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Do you mean you want a port on each switch to be able to communicate with each other but not with any other ports on the switches ?

i.e PC host at 192.168.1.3 on  port 2 on switch 1,  to be able to ping  a IP host at 192.18.1.2 on  switch 2 port 3 ?

If this sort of functionality is required you want to create a new vlan to the switch.  If it is not the case please explain in more detail what you want and ignore the following.

regards Dave

Om my srw2008P i would do the following, i guess your interface is almost identical to my switch GUI interface.

step 1  create a vlan, maybe vlan 2

[make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the page at each step and save changes]

step 2. alter alter port x to be a untagged member of vlan 2

step 3 modify the vlan interface setting  on both switches to make the fiber uplink port a trunk in vlan 2.