Views
Helpful
Replies

SF220-48 Port-based vlan not supported?

yyjjtt123123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have a SF220-48 smart switch which documented as support both port-based vlan and 802.1q vlan

but while logging into the web admin page, I cannot find how to setup up the port-based vlan.

Will someone help me on this or this device simply does not support this vlan mode?

Thanks a lot.

Firmware version: 1.0.0.19 

2 Replies 2

Jorge Obregon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, 

I hope this help to you, here is the admin guide where you can find the steps to configure port-based vlan on page 200-204

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/csbss/sf220_sg220/administration/guide/Sx220_AG_en.pdf

regards,

Mr. Obregon, thanks for your help.

As I checked the admin manual, 802.1x means the port security, if all ports are set as 'force authorized' and with only 1 guest vlan, I'm afraid it won't work for me.

I use sf220 as a central switch, connected to several floor with different switch, these switches connected to several PC as workstations.

on the floor  switch departments are seperated with each other by port-based vlan  and share the common server resources created by the central switch, each floor-vlan connect to the central with 1 wire.

With sf220, I first seup 802.1q vlan, it can seperate the vlans, but I got lots of 'packets with errors' on the summary, and some ports lost ping while 2 workstation  copy file through file sharing. duplicate wires between sf220 and floor switched will be shut down by rstp, and the ping to floor switch is not stable.

Would you please kindly make some advice to me? thank you very much.