Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 200-08 problems

helioperlman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I just buy a new SG 200-08 and it’s not working well (or not working). When I first move all workstations and servers to the new switch, my XP with Realtek RTL8168 are visible on network, but I can not copy files to/from it´s shares. I have an old Dlink DGS1008, moved the XP to Dlink and have a W7 and one Freenas on SG 200. Works for some time but, the Web Manager had hang a couple of times, and whem I try to copy a large number of files, the copy stops after few seconds. If I move all cables to Dlink, everything works. I buy the SG 200-08 to try LACP on my Freenas, but LAG is also not working.

I not find a phone number in Sao Paulo/Brazil to try to return the switch for a new one.

What my I do now?

Helio

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Helio,

What size is the packets your sending across the switch.

If it is larger than 1518 mtu's it will not pass it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Helio,

step 1. Firstly, check the status tab of your SG200-08  to see what version of code you have.

If you have firmware version 1.0.0.16, then click the following bold text  to get firmware version 1.0.1.0

I did not see any reference in release notes to indicate a fix to  the sort of issue you are experiencing.

But if this upgrade  does not resolve the issue or you are at the current version of firmware,

step 2  You have the option to call SBSC  in Brazil on  8008921019 .

(You must be registered with cisco to get support, this registration give you a account and a Cisco Connection Online (CCO)  login.  This login then allows you to manage your support query and for us to quickly open cases. )

You can get your registration free and fast  at the following link;

https://tools.cisco.com/RPF/register/register.do

Lastly, You also have the option if you wish to use chat support via the following link.;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbsupportservice?view=overview

I hope this helps, .

regards Dave

Hello,

I try the 1.0.1.0 update, but nothing change, I call 8008921019 but till now, not solution, and the support chat not list my model.

I´m relly very disapointed with this Cisco purchase.

Best regards

Helio

Helio,

What size is the packets your sending across the switch.

If it is larger than 1518 mtu's it will not pass it.

Hi David, you are 100% rigth. I just call support again, and had realized that the problem was Jumbo Frame on Workstations adapters. Now the only thing I can´t have working is LACP on my Freenas, maybe my onboard adapters

don´t support this.

Best Regards

Helio