cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG-300-10 and Sonicwall TZ210 VLAN

howdoigroup
Level 1
Level 1

Have a Sonicwall with multiple VLANS on LAN interface going to the SG-300 in Layer 3 mode.
Trunk Port has VLAN 1 untagged and PVID and other VLANS (20,30,40) tagged.
Setting a port to Access for particular VLAN (40) does not pull DHCP from Sonicwall.
Sonicwall support says DHCP request is coming from VLAN1 and something wrong in switch setup.
Setting 2 ports to VLAN 40 allows communication between the two.
Also, replacing SG300 with a Netgear L2 works.
Seems like an issue with the trunk, no?

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Lou, i'm confused. Why would you compare a l2 switch with the functionality of a l3 switch? If a layer 2 switch works, why not compare the sx300 in layer 2?

One thing you can try is to change the sx300 from trunk to general mode with the same parameter then disable "ingress filter". see if that makes some difference.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I have a SGE2000 24 port switch in L3 connected to 3 Buildings via fiber. The ports are truncked with VLANS 1U,2T,3T,4T,5T,6T connected to linksys/cisco SMB switches. at each location I have a wireless access point with three VLAN ssids 3,4,5. The ports that the APs are connected to are trunked and the access points pull the proper IPs from the proper DHCP pools.

I just added a SG-300 L2 mode to a new building. I have the ports configured the same as all other switchs and VLANS and same with the AP port. This switch does not seem to be pulling the VLANs any ideas?

I have reset switch to factory defaults and also the SG-300 is on the latest firmware. 1.3.0.59.