cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sg110d-05 keeps resetting causing problems with IP audio, etc.

SmallBiz1
Level 1
Level 1

Our SG110D-05 is a couple years old.  It's plugged directly into a cable modem, with GB level cabling/traffic (GB led is on) for modem and compatible devices.

With frequency varying from some 5 minutes to about 1 minute (which is a problem), the SG110D appears to reset -- all of the LEDs except for Pwr go out for 5 seconds or so, and then in rapid succession they all come on, go out, and the active ports begin blinking with normal traffic flow.  During the initial lights out period, all network traffic stops.

Switch power cycle doesn't help.When resetting every minute or so, remote workforce tools like teleconferencing audio are impacted.

During times when resets occur about every minute, we can get the frequency to drop into the more manageable 5-minute range if we unplug one of our MacBook Pros (which of course, are the devices needing the network).  If we quickly plug the MacBook back in, it brings the frequent resets back.  If we leave a MacBook unplugged maybe 10 minutes or so, the frequency may remain at a workable 5-minute level when it's plugged back in.

Is this a known issue?  Is there device/switch setting we can use to remedy this?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check firmware version currently installed, if applicable and available you may consider upgrading and check afterwards if the problem remains in place or not.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Sujoy Paria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Cisco Small Business 110 series switches are unmanageable switches, so there is very limited scope for troubleshooting. Please try to check whether the other devices connected to this switch are causing any loop in the network.

If possible, you may isolate this switch from your network once and connect only 2 to 3 host (PC /Laptops) and check the status by communicating between those devices; If still you are facing the issue then there might be some problem in that hardware. In that case you can open a case with Cisco support following the link…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

As this is an unmanageable switch so you will not get the option to check firmware or log on this.

Data Sheet:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/110-series-unmanaged-switches/datasheet-c78-734450.html

amiroff157
Level 1
Level 1

I recently bought the sg110d-05 and I'm experiencing the same, @SmallBiz1 any solution from the support team?

P.S just noticed this
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-100-series-unmanaged-switches/eos-eol-notice-c51-735771.html

I hope I just didn't buy a faulty and dead product

I have the same issue with one that was brand new in the box....

amiroff157
Level 1
Level 1

bump