cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-08 seems to be dead (led on port 1 amber/orange)

ojschmidt
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have an SG200-08 (SLM2008T) here with the current firmware release 1.0.8.3. It is "on duty" for about 1,5 years now. Beside the password, its left on factory default (no VLANS, etc.).

Today it seems, it quit its work. First, no more communication of connected devices was possible over the switch with leds on used ports and system still green. Switch was not accessible and not showing up in the DHCP list.

After a power off/on, the switch doesn't boot anymore. Immediately after switching it on, it the led on port 1 shows an amber/orange light.

As I didn't find anything about this, could anyone tell me, if this indicates a special status and whether there is a solution for it? Or might the switch be dead with hardware failure?

Thanks for your support,

Oliver

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Yes it does sound like a hardware failure.  You can attempt to factory reset the device by holding in the reset button for about 30 seconds.  All the port light should come on and then the switch will take about 3 minutes to boot.

If this does not help, please give the support center a call at 866.606.1866.

Best Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Michael Swenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Yes it does sound like a hardware failure.  You can attempt to factory reset the device by holding in the reset button for about 30 seconds.  All the port light should come on and then the switch will take about 3 minutes to boot.

If this does not help, please give the support center a call at 866.606.1866.

Best Regards,

Mike

Hello Mike,

just talked to the support center.

They confirmed, it seems to be a hardware failure.

I will send it to Cisco for replacement.

Thanks a lot for your experienced recommendation.

Best regards,

Oliver