Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-08 web management access from outside the management VLAN

meyer837osu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am evaluating the SG200-08 switch as a candidate to replace the workgroup switches in our environment. I didn't have any problem setting up the switch and I've got it running just fine, but I am unable to access the web management from a different subnet. To be more precise, I have given the switch an IP in the 192.168.99.0/24 space which is where our management devices live and I want to access the device from my department subnet on a different VLAN from the 10.10.10.0/24 space. I can ping from my workstation to the switch just fine (I have separate routing already configured between the subnets) but attempts to access the switch's web management simply timeout. I set up an access profile in the Security section set to "allow all" thinking that with such a permissive profile that it would surely let me in, but no dice. I also changed the trunk port from "Trunk" to "General" and disabled the Ingress Filter. In any case, ping always works, but I still cannot access the web management. My guess is that this is by design and that I can't change it, but if I can that would make my life simpler. If the web management can only be accessed by IPs from the same subnet, then that just means I will have to add another NIC with an IP address on that subnet to my management terminal server, which isn't a big deal really, just, unfortunate.

Thanks in advance for the help! 

1 Reply 1

V K Moorthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Kindly check whether switch gateway(192.168.99.X- sub-net) is reachable or not  from department subnet(10.10.10.X)

regards