Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-26 Cant Recover..- Help

Hi All,

looking for some help..I have multiple SG smart switches but one of my SG200-26 switches seems to have become a problem.

The System Led is continually flashing and none of the other port light up, I have held in the rest button for 30 seconds and tried it for longer, but nothing happens. I have also tried holding in the reset button for 30 seconds, kept the reset button pressed in, disconnected the power for 30 seconds, reconnected the power and continued to Hold in the reset button for a further 30 seconds but the only thing that happens is that as soon as the power is reconnected, all the ports flash on for a second and the. The system led continues to flash...

I have put my MacBook on the same network with 192.168.1.10 mask 255.255.255.0 and connected the Ethernet port on my Mac to the port 1on the SG200-26 but cannot connect to it at all.

is it totally broken. ? Can it we fixed or can it be sent back to Cisco for repair.

help please as in need to get this issue fixed ASAP.

Cheers

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure this particular SG no longer uses the default ip , by provisioning an ip address aligned with your intranet addressing schemes.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

It would be great to be able to do that but I cannot connect to the SG switch in order to change the IP..

- Let it have a connection to your network and provision an address with DHCP.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi,

Seems like the switch is not booting properly. Whether the switch port is coming UP once you connect the system via Ethernet in that?

You may try to open a service request regarding that switch following the below mentioned link…

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Hi,

Tried to open a TAC case today with Cisco spent 20 mins on the phone with someone only for them to say because i dont have a contract they cant help me and i need to contact the accounts team to create a contract and then call them back to open a TAC Case.

they transferred me to Customer service to get that started but after 25 mins on hold and nobody answering the line went dead.

what kind of service is this from Cisco. This is ridiculous. this is probably going to be a simple case where ill need to send in the switch for Cisco to load it with working OS/FW as i cant do that because the switch doesnt have a serial/console port. Yet i cant even get Cisco to answer the phone to get this started.

Cisco are saying the switch is not under warranty....I'm sorry what does this mean then cut from the Cisco SG200 series switch Cisco site.

●   Peace of mind and investment protection: Cisco 200 Series switches offer the reliable performance, investment protection, and peace of mind you expect from a Cisco switch. When you invest in the Cisco 200 Series, you gain the benefit of:
   Cisco limited lifetime warranty to protect your investment.

Rigorous testing to help ensure easy integration and compatibility with other Cisco networking and communications products, including the complete Cisco Small Business portfolio.

●   Limited lifetime warranty: The Cisco 200 Series switches come with the Cisco Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty, with return-to-factory replacement, a 1-year limited warranty for fans and power supplies, and a 90-day limited software warranty. In addition, Cisco offers software updates for bug fixes for the warranty term and telephone technical support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase. To download software updates, go to //blah blah

CISCO seem to have turned themselves into Comcast when it comes to Customer Service...i have spent 4 hours on the phone with them so far with no answers......roll on Juniper home switches..