Views
Helpful
Replies

SG200-50 Can't change management VLAN

psabia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an SG200-50 switch that I am trying to configure.  I have updated to the latest firmware/bootcode:  1.4.11.5 / 1.3.5.06.

I am unable to change the vlan management interface to my own VLAN. it will only allow vlan 1.  I have a few of these switches and those do not exhibit this issue.  I have tried changing to a static IP address first and rebooting as has been suggested.  This did not help.

I'm at a dead end here with tis unit as its not ideal to only be able to use VLAN 1 for management.  Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://community.cisco.com/t5/switches-small-business/sg-200-18-change-management-vlan-telnet-ssh-access/m-p/1942646#M5522

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

psabia
Level 1
Level 1

marce100,

this is counter-intuitive to what I am able to do on another switch of the same model.  I was able to select from the dropdown a different mgmt vlan without changing the default vlan ID as you can see from the attached picture.

- Are these the exact same model and or running same firmware version ?
   The one I tested on : https://community.cisco.com/t5/online-device-emulators-small-business/bd-p/911-discussions-online-device-emulators
                       has the same behavior as your not-allowed example , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

psabia
Level 1
Level 1

they were on close firmware.  the one I'm having the issue with was 1.3.x. and the other one is 1.2.x  I updated to the latest trying to resolve this issue, as I found another port suggesting to update firmware.

So using step 2 I was able to change the management VLAN, however I am unable to connect to the switch from a tagged port.  I can only connect from an untagged port.  My properly functioning switch I am connecting over a tagged port.  Any idea why I can't connect on a tagged port?

>... Any idea why I can't connect on a tagged port?
                         - Check the logs on the SG when trying , 

M.