Views
Helpful
Replies

SG250-08 after firmware update not accessible anymore

Karsten N
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm facing a problem after firmware update from 2.5.8.12 to 2.5.8.15. After that update, the switch reboots and the system LED is permanent flashing (it is an higher frequency than during normal boot). Connected devices don't get an IP resp. the switch is not accessible.

After resetting (power on + hold reset for more than 10 sec) the switch, I can reload a backup of my config and everthing works again.

Some weeks ago, I've had the same problem with a former update from 2.5.7.85 to 2.5.8.12.

To be honest, it is my first smart switch from Cisco. This behaviour is not acceptable - or am I doing something wrong?

Thx + Regards,

Karsten

21 Replies 21

- Save the configuration to an external device, have a factory reset , restore the config and try again if 'simple saving' of the configuration can work.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

That is my current workaround resp. what I mean with "backed-up config". I've stored the config to my notebook and re-import it after reset/reboot.

I ran this workaround now at least 3 times. But it is only a workaround and does not solve the root cause.

- The intend of my previous reply is to check if a factory reset still leaves this problem in place (or not).

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yes. I've done a couple of factory resets, but the problem remains.

- You may want to escalate this issue further towards Cisco :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

M.

- I am sorry for going in-depth, but in this case I mean when rebooting.
Note that upgrading does not involve power cycle , which then is also not
advised. M.

driver-man
Level 1
Level 1

I like to upgrade like this..

Use Putty/Kitty to SSH or console cable to the switch.

Pop the latest firmware on a USB stick, in the folder /cisco/

Put USB in to switch.

show ver

(to confirm current version)

boot system usb://cisco/image_cbs250_ros_3.1.1.7_release_cisco_signed.bin

(hit enter)

show ver

(to confirm new version that will be active after reboot)

copy ru st

-press y

(to save current config)

reload

-press y

(to restart switch)

after reboot..

show ver

(to confirm new FW version)